*Update: this position has now been filled*
We’re always looking for potential new team members – feel free to contact us with a covering letter and CV if you’d like to join us.
Graphic design work placement
Full time, 26 weeks
Podium has a new position available for a creative and driven graphic designer interested in gaining experience in a digital marketing agency. This is an incredible opportunity for a graduate to gain agency experience while developing their portfolio. During their time with us they will gain relevant skills and knowledge to enable them to pursue a career in a highly competitive industry.
This is a six-month internship facilitated by Northumbria University Enterprise and Business Support (NEBS) and supported by the European Regional Development Fund. On successful completion of the internship period there is potential for the role to become permanent. It is open to recent graduates of any university in the EU.
The ideal candidate must be able to display:
- Creativity in graphic design
- Understanding of basic design principles
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to come up with design ideas for multiple clients in a variety of sectors
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks to reach daily targets
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, or autonomously when required
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills and the confidence to deliver your vision
- Understanding of target audiences and how to engage them on social media
We’d prefer the candidate to be a graduate in a design-related discipline but marketing graduates will also be considered.
Desirable experience but not essential:
- Excellent written communication skills
- An understanding of how to manage corporate social media pages
- Knowledge of the importance and functions of content marketing and SEO
- Experience using content management systems including WordPress
Podium is a growing digital marketing agency that brings together technical SEO, content marketing and social media. Our small team can offer an entry-level candidate the opportunity to learn a variety of disciplines, including how to effectively create and execute digital marketing campaigns. We are based at Regent Centre in Gosforth, meaning we have excellent Metro links and plenty of free parking.
To apply, email a covering note, CV and three design examples to [email protected] by 26 May 2017.