With over 500 million active users, LinkedIn is one of the fastest growing social media networks. 61 million users are senior level influencers and 40 million are in decision making positions.
With this in mind, it’s essential that your personal and/or business LinkedIn profile is visible to the people you’re trying to reach out to.
Whether you’re looking to grow your personal network, searching for your dream job or have been tasked with increasing B2B leads for your business, having a presence on LinkedIn is essential to achieve your goals.
With millions of users and businesses to compete with daily, it can be difficult to stand out from the crowd, but do not fret: we have a few simple tricks up our sleeve to help the right people find and reach out to YOU.
We have rounded up our top 7 SEO tricks to get your profile noticed on LinkedIn:
1. Don’t Be Shy – The more people you are connected to, the more searches you will appear. Start by connecting with your colleagues (past and present), clients and likeminded professionals within your industry. It pays to be friendly and a simple message introducing yourself will help you be remembered and increases your chances of people accepting your connection request if you don’t know them personally. Attending events and meeting new people is a great way to grow your network, just remember to take down people’s names!
2. Customise Your URL – A very simple tweak that will ensure people are able to find you when they search for you. Here is how:
• Hover over ‘Profile’ at the top of your homepage and select ‘Edit Profile’
• Find the URL link under your profile photo
• Click the Settings icon next to it
• Under the ‘Your public profile URL’ section click ‘Edit’
• Type your name or keywords you choose in the text box and click ‘Save’
3. Use The Right Keywords – Ensure that you’re incorporating relevant keywords within your headline, summary and experience sections of your profile. For example, if you’re a Social Media Manager looking for a new position, it helps to include your position within the headline of your profile. The more times you include the keywords within your profile, the more chances you have at being found within searches. A couple of paragraphs describing your current role and experience will help you be noticed.
4. Recommendations – Giving and receiving recommendations not only increases your credibility within your profession but it also increases your chances of being found. Recommendations add additional content to your profile and if people are searching for certain keywords such as ‘Facebook expert’ and someone has recommended your skills in this area then chances are you will rank higher within the search results.
5. Endorsements – This section was designed for recruiters to be able to find candidates with particular skill sets which is why it’s essential to include all of your skills on your profile. For extra visibility, ask your friends, family and colleagues to endorse you as LinkedIn’s algorithm favours profiles with the highest number of endorsements.
6. Promote Your Profile – If you’re active on other professional and non-professional social networks, it’s worth sharing your profile to your wider and network and asking them to connect to you on LinkedIn. You can also achieve this by adding your profile to your email signature, business card and other social media bios.
7. Share The Love – Like an article or post you see on your feed? Share it, it pays to be kind. Leave comments on other people’s work, give advice where you can and join in group discussions within your industry. Don’t forget to share your own content too which will help you drive traffic to your blog as it helps LinkedIn see what you’re all about. The more active you are, the more chances you have at increasing your network and being found by the right people.